Specialised railway policing put at risk by Scottish Government06 September, 2016
On Thursday 9th May following a period of conciliation the revised pay offer has been accepted by a clear majority of Home Office Forces and officers throughout the United Kingdom.
The Staff Side of the Police Negotiating Board insisted on the following five points being met prior to any agreement.
- Current premium overtime rates retained.
- Clarity over discretionary payments.
- Assurances that the package would be fully funded.
- All officers would be better off.
- The agreed package would be over and above the annual index-linked pay rise.
The official side gave way on all these points.
We are currently examining the full details of the package and the relevant sections that will apply to us through our parity agreement.
For Home Office Forces the cost of the package is being funded by the Treasury. We are currently lobbying Government to provide our Force with the necessary additional funding to implement the reforms.
A full copy of the Home Office Agreement can be found on our Website by clicking here.
Further details of the Police Reforms relevant to the British Transport Police will be circulated in the coming weeks.